Calisa Rhose presents ~ Top Ten Reasons by Mae Clair #MFRWAuthor #guestpost #SolsticeIsland
Posted by Calisa Rhose
Hey everyone and welcome. I know it’s been a while…ok, over a month, since I’ve had a true guest on the ranch. Let’s just say it’s been closed for remodel. Will that work? 😆
But to make up for the lack of activity, I give you a great summer read by a wonderful writer and friend. Mae Clair branched into self-publishing this year and I’m so dang excited for her! I’ll turn the round pen over to her now and we’ll have some fun.
Welcome back Mae! It’s all yours.
Thank you for letting me take over your blog today, Calisa. It’s always a pleasure to hang out at the ranch! For my visit, I’ve brought a Top Ten list along with my romantic-adventure novella, SOLSTICE ISLAND. It’s summer, so I thought your readers might enjoy a short summery read with a coastal setting. With that in mind, I give you:
- You’ll meet a hot charter boat captain trying to live down his family legacy.
- You’ll encounter a spunky heroine cryptozoologist, determined hot captain should embrace said family legacy and all the baggage that goes with it.
- You’ll be able to impress all your friends with your stunning new knowledge of cryptozoology.
- You may find yourself struck by the uncontrollable urge to look up blurry images of strange creatures online or go on a cryptid hunt (think Loch Ness, Big Foot, and the Jersey Devil).
- You’ll learn why you should never ignore a craving for mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- The next time your boat is attacked by a rampaging sea monster, you’ll know precisely what to do.
- You’ll be swept up in a tale of romance, adventure, and folklore.
- You’ll uncover buried treasure, thwart a villain, and discover a new use for a boat oar.
- As a 72 page novella, SOLSTICE ISLAND makes a quick summertime read.
And the number one reason you should read SOLSTICE ISLAND:
- You can buy it on Amazon for just $.99!
SOLSTICE ISLAND Blurb:
Can an ancient leviathan work magic between a practical man and an idealistic woman?
Rylie Carswell is an amateur cryptozoologist in search of a mythical creature, the Sea Goliath. In order to reach Solstice Island, a location the ancient leviathan is rumored to haunt, she’s forced to hire charter boat captain, Daniel Decatur.
Initially, Daniel wants nothing to do with the trip or the fool woman waving double payment in his face. Convinced she’s yet another loony treasure hunter looking for gold on the remote island, he reluctantly agrees. An embittered neighbor wants to have his charter license yanked, so the extra cash will help him stay afloat.
It doesn’t take long for Daniel to realize Rylie is after the same beast his parents were tracking when they mysteriously vanished ten years earlier. He’s avoided all links to cryptozoology ever since, but the smart and sexy cryptid hunter has him second-guessing his oath and wondering what he’s signed on for.
Warning: A family legacy, glowing plankton and rough waters.
About Mae Clair:
Mae Clair has been chasing myth, monsters and folklore through research and reading since she was a kid. As an adult, she stumbled onto the field of cryptozoology and realized there were others like her who loved speculating about weird and wonderful creatures.
Her blog, From the Pen of Mae Clair, features a weekly post each Monday where she examines a different myth or urban legend. In 2013, she journeyed to West Virginia to learn more about the legendary Mothman, a creature who will factor into an upcoming novel.
As a writer, she pens tales of romantic mystery flavored with a twist of myth or folklore. Married to her high school sweetheart, Mae lives in Pennsylvania. Her passions include cats, history and exploring old graveyards. Look for Mae on her website at MaeClair.net
You can find Mae Clair at the following haunts:
Purchase SOLSTICE ISLAND from:
Add SOLSTICE ISLAND to your Goodreads TBR
Well, that makes me want to explore cryptids! Thanks for sharing your book, Mae. I wish you tons of luck on this one.
Don’t forget to like this post and say hi to Mae!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About Calisa RhoseI'm a mother of three daughters, five granddaughters, and wife to a wonderfully supportive man. I began writing warm-you-to-the-bones romance as a teen, and the addiction has now morphed into a life of its own. I became a published author in May 2011! I create art and jewelry with polymer clay and beads to relax, and have a passion for sewing for fun. Check out my Tips From an Editor blog at https://painlessediting.wordpress.com/ See my art and sewing projects at http://lisasfancifulallure.wordpress.com
Posted on 06/27/2014, in Blog Tour, Branding, Friday Fanfare, inspirations, Pen of the Dreamer, Welcome and tagged adventure, Calisa Rhose, contemporary romance, cryptids, Debut author, Mare Clair, Pen of the Dreamer, romance, sea monsters, Summer Solstice, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. 14 Comments.