Spook or Treat Answers to Truth of Fiction! ~ Calisa Rhose
I promised to reveal the truth behind my Haunted Garden Blog Hop post stories so without dragging out the suspense, here they are!
Answers to this post:
- Does tossing a coin in the sea while speaking a chant break a curse?
According to my aunt who fell ill many years ago- She told me she visited her Faith Healer and this was the remedy offered to her and which she followed to a T.
Another witch’s curse… I asked about that, but she just responded with this strange, almost secretive laugh.
This is a TRUE story.
- Will an egg under bed cure fever?
My aunt claims to have personal knowledge this works, having used the method on her own children over the years.
I’ve never tried it. If you do, come back and share how it turns out!
TRUE only because I have just her word for it. LOL
- Does having your photos taken steal your soul?
I personally don’t believe this one. If it is true, I don’t expect to have a lot of soul left by the time I die. I’ll say this is FICTION.
- Did the man suffer beatings while locked up ‘safe’ in a jail cell?
Auntie won’t say she was responsible, but she doesn’t deny it either. I have asked her outright several times if she did it and all she says is, “Someone put a bad curse on him.”
TRUE- it happened. Even my mother who saw him, heard his story too, couldn’t explain it.
But then ~
- It was also my mother who also told me about her sister the first time I heard that chilling story- but she’s not the only one who told a version of my aunt’s death. This is a story with many more layers and elements to it. As creepy as it may seem, as incredulous as it sounds, I grew up hearing this story from various family members and, though each story differs slightly on a detail here or there- each version of the base facts have remained constant over the years.
Men, people, really are this evil. My cousin (that aunt’s only daughter) and I have tried to research it, at her request, and as seems to happen often in small town rural Midwest America, the records that could clear this up (or add more questions) was conveniently flooded in the 70s–and the sheriff is long-dead–effectively destroying all paper trails and evidence.
What I’ve told you is completely TRUE. (and if certain family members read this I’ll probably get some serious flack for sharing a family skeleton. Lol)
So there you have it. The answers to my spook stories. Yes, my life is one thrill after another! 😆
Have a Happy and Spooky Halloween!
**I hope you’ll come back tomorrow when Nano 2012 begins. Are you participating in this furious and crazy contest? Is it your first time, your fiftieth? Come share your National Novel Writing Month experiences!
I’ll also have a surprise for visitors on the Ranch Monday. Shhh- It’s a secret you’ll have to come back then to find out what it is!
I’m visiting today
I’m at the blog of my recent guest, Nancy Jardine, today. Come on over and see how I write. I had a great time putting the interview together so I really don’t want to ponder alone. lol
In other news- not really news- I am loving this new couple coming together in my head! I can’t wait to introduce you to this pair of heart-damaged lovers.
Until later, or when I have more to say, visit me at Nancy’s!